Monday, June 21, 2004

Yeah, Monday!

It's Monday morning and I just got back from a 1.5 mile jog around my neighborhood. I'm off today, no new pictures from the wonderful world of broadcast news. I had a good Father's Day yesterday. Went to the Getty Museum and saw the Photogrpahers of Genius exhibit. Of course I enjoyed it greatly, but I was a little underwhelmed by the genius aspect. Many of the photos on display were unremarkable to me and seemed undeserving of the status being credited to the photgraphers.

Went for pizza with the wife and teen daughter after the museum. My family is sometimes critical of me for never wanting to go out and doing things when I have free time. It's not easy for them to understand the feeling of wanting to be home and enjoying the comforts that I've worked to obtain. A glass of wine on the deck and watching the shadows of the trees stretching through the backyard. It doesn't get much better than that. I wish more people felt the same.

Something to which I aspire


Photo taken by Camia Marie Frank (credit where it's due)

12 comments:

Cesar said...

Enjoy your day off. I can understand your wanting to be home and enjoy it. I'm a soon to be dad (1st) and I am starting to see the light on the other end. It's not always about parties anymore.

Coach Yoda said...

My husband is a work-a-holic. If I could only get him to chill out for a bit, life would be perfect for me. However, when he's not working for his job, he's working on another project at home. Oy! You go it right. Keep chillin.

Kayt said...

Well, I'm only 16 which probably seems awefully young to a lot of you out there, but i completely understand the importance of relaxing. I can't imagine anyone out there who wouldn't enjoy sitting back and relaxing, specially after work. (( i hear that...))
That's so nice that you went out with your family- our family hardly goes out as a group any more. There's only 4 of us, but catching us together is a rare occasion. It's good to know that some people still do that.
Carry on!

beFrank said...

We all find our own bliss. I don't begrudge anyone the right to go out and have a wild time. Most often I just choose a different path. Maybe I need to post some before and after shots of my back yard.

spring said...

ready your comment about having a relaxing day off and your family sometimes not understanding that u want to stay in and relax, and it immediately hit a note for me. I have found myself in the same position, its hard now a days to find time for yourself, and just relax, so i hope that you've had a very peaceful and relaxing day

beFrank said...

I feel pretty lucky that my wife will folow me just about anywhere. It's also really fortunate for us that we both enjoy the quiet life.

jackie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Grace said...

A single version of you is exactly what I'm looking for...your wife and child are blessed...
grace with ease,
T

beFrank said...

Jackie got it exactly right. My job covers all of Southern California and I rarely know when I leave the house where I'm going to be that day. I drive for hours in traffic and sometimes at the end of my shift, I have to pass my house to get back to the station. My job is exciting, but it's human nature I think to want what you don't have. If I had more time off at home, I'd be climbing the walls. Things are balanced pretty well, so for me it couldn't be better.

David said...

I need a day off so i can relax.but when im not at work i dont do to much to My Blog,but hey it still would be great.

[E-man]² said...

cool... pretty interesting your blog! check out mine at www.justeman.blogspot.com ... i'll ttyl! ciao!
-emanuel f.

the alienlemur said...

lovely, sit and relax. i've been getting too much of it lately. 8 )