Saturday, July 24, 2004

Bat out of San Diego!

Finished the day at 12:30am. Last satellite window opened at 11:05. I did nod off briefly at 10:40pm, but was fully awake by 10:50pm. We did the live shot and I had all the gear stowed and rolling out towards the hotel at 11:45pm.

I was forced to jump on the wrong freeway entrance because I had driven off and didn't notice the passenger side mirror was turned out too far to be of any use to anyone driving the vehicle. Anyone working in TV news might guess the likely suspect to be the reporter checking hair and makeup before the live shot. I got a nice scenic tour of another part of San Diego and I know exactly how to get to the zoo for future reference.

Got back to the hotel and paid for 24 hours of internet access. Fell asleep on the bed before the beFrank blog could finish loading. I think I had no business trying to update the blog after an 18 hour day.

Woke up at 5:30am. Got up, dressed, and hit the road by 6:00am. Made it back to the station in just under two hours. Spoke to Action-Wife and wrapped up the morning by putting away the extra cabling and field tapes.

Hugs, kisses, and breakfast were waiting for me at home. We hit the farmers market and did some yard work. I'm rushing because we're running out to take care of errands and just be with each other for the rest of the day. I may post some more later, but more than likely, I'll be falling asleep early this evening. I hope the people who read this can tell that even though not much went on, those long days and driving do take a toll. More interesting stuff happened than I have time to post right now. I still have to tell you all about my unfortunate encounter with the base security.

3 comments:

Lulu said...

YAY! I hope your sound asleep at home with AW and family! Your traveling stories reminds me of when I was a flight attendant. I hope your photography day was as exciting as mine! Keep up the good blogging! I gave up on mine so I can read others!

suegee said...

Hey, BF, click over to my blog and check out the exciting (ha ha) assignments of news people in our area!

MsOktober said...

I must say, you have me very curious about your encounter with base security. Can't wait to hear about it!

BTW, happened upon the best zoo in the world. Pack up Action-family and come down for and see the new baby panda! You'll be snapping pictures right and left.