Wednesday, July 14, 2004

I made it!

It's the weekend. At least it's my weekend. This is supposed to be a pretty big week for me. There are personal things going on in my life. Some of it I don't mind sharing with the world and some a little too personal.

I'll never be Donald Trump doing what I do for a living, but being rich was never a real goal of mine. I just bought a plane ticket for my Harvard daughter to come home later in the month. My son, who lives in the San Francisco area is coming for a visit and I have a niece who is visiting with my mother until the end of the month. I have two brothers who also live in the Los Angeles area. The oldest brother has two sons and my next oldest brother has three sons. With my daughter flying in, it's like the final piece of a puzzle falling into place. This will be the first time that we can get all the grandchildren of my parents together. Can you say, "photo-op"?

With the logistics of planning around a couple of my older nephews' work schedules, I'll have a one or two hour window of opportunity. I'm feeling the Mission Impossible music going in my head. My job could easily sink my plans, but I try not to worry about that.

I'll keep you posted.

6 comments:

magz said...

ohhhh, you're gonna have a great family-time! buy xtra batteries fer camera... or borrow the work truck he he he...SPECIAL REPORT: ACTION FAMILY!!! LIVE!!!

beFrank said...

Thanks, magz. Yeah, it's pretty awesome. See, that's why I'm a photographer and not a news director. In my mind, that would be a newsworthy event.

It was a nice thing a while back, one of the other photogs on staff set up a live shot and put his newborn son on TV. It was all approved and on the level. I think our ratings actually went up when he did that.

Elizabeth said...

I really like what you're doing with your blog, Frank -- any chance that you will in trouble with the powers that be at work for it? I sure hope not.

Elizabeth said...

Oops -- meant also to say, hope you have a great time with your family. I'm getting together next week with family too--dad, sisters, aunts uncles and cousins from all over.

beFrank said...

I don't think anybody would mind. I don't really include anything about my co-workers or specifics about my company. I think that's fair. I'm also not making any money off of this. That's kept me below the radar so far.

mehseray said...

test