Thursday, July 22, 2004

I'm having a tough day, make it a venti

If other TV news operations are sending at least three guys to do the set-up for an event and we're only sending me, I can't help but feel like maybe we need one or two more me. With that said, let me just put it out up front, this day is kickin' my butt. It's bad when I'm in the middle of a tough day and can't really complain because there are jobs a heck of a lot tougher than mine (wink-wink, middle school teacher). As I sit here drinking coffee at Starbucks, I can't help but feel a little guilty. I'm done setting up the SAT truck at the base and I was hopping to catch up, but this Starbucks doesn't have a wi-fi hot spot. I think I'll wander around a bit and see if there's anything of interest going on in the area. I'd like to get some sleep, but the hotel won't let me check in until 3:00pm. Oh, oh, also, Coronado Bridge traffic. Now, that's a new kind of hell I hadn't met before.

6 comments:

Buttercup said...

Hotels make more than enough money to let people check in early. Luckily for me, the firm pays when I travel, so I just book the night before and the night after so I have a room when I need it. Some poor client out there is paying for my unused hotel time right now :o(

MsOktober said...

In this picture, you kinda look like Boston Rob from Survivor.

dkgoodman said...

You can do it. We know you can. You da Action Man! He does the work of three, with time left over for Starbucks. See... check this out: The Action Man!

suegee said...

Cheer up! It's the small pleasures in life Bryan. Any day you get to sip coffee at Starbucks and do the work of three qualifies as a good day! And be really thankful that you don't have the personality of Boston Rob. He is a back stabber extradinaire!

whistle said...

good luck

beFrank said...

Just call me Boston Bryan. I think that'll be my scoundrel alter-ego. Watch your back.