Saturday, July 31, 2004

Say, cheese. . .come on. . .SAY IT!

The day of the big grandkids photo shoot has come and gone. I survived and I think even with all the stress of coordinating this, it was really worthwhile. Between four brothers, three states and five cities, what seemed like an impossible event became possible. It took a little bit of luck and more patience than I think I'll ever be able to muster again. I took a couple hundred shots, but this picture of my children and all my nephews and my niece is what made the event special. This was the first time all of them have been in the same place at the same time and the only photograph of them all together.

Dellis (Action-Wife) and I claim the girl on the left, the guy with the hair and glasses standing to the rear and the girl sitting up front (Dania, Jannon, and Camia). Photographers who have to deal with this type of thing on a daily basis have my sympathy. I only had to do it this once and I'm ready to go back to crime and natural disasters.


13 comments:

dkgoodman said...

Beautiful family.

Is Action-Wife going to be posting, too?

beFrank said...

Yes, she is. I extended the invitation to her recently. What I do often affects (disrupts) her life and I thought it only fair that she have the opportunity to post her perspective up front.

CrazyMom said...

Your children look as though they could be your brother and sisters!!! Beautiful kids (all of them) and beautiful picture!

dkgoodman said...

Welcome, AW, and kudos for raising such a beautiful family. We're looking forward to your posts.

MsOktober said...

A couple *hundred* shots? Wow...I'm amazed you got them to sit still for that many! I knew a girl who worked for one of those places in malls that takes pictures of kids...she said it was the hardest job she ever had and will never do it again.

Thanks for sharing your family (lovely smiles!) with us and, I love the title of this post :)

Lisa said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one with extended family all over the place. It's a picture your family will always remember and have a story for.

beFrank said...

Once everyone was here, it wasn't a problem to get them to do what was needed. I just had to adjust what I wanted to do with lighting and such. I just snapped the pictures and I'm depending on being able to fix it in "post". Someday I'll actually make a move to photograph someone who wants to be have their picture taken.

TheBlackNewYorker said...

I'm looking forward to reading Dellis' posts!

Grace said...

love the stylizing- who thought of the ties? and the one with the HAIR!!!!! yeah for the standout- good lookin group all the way round

Jack's Shack said...

Nice pix. In two weeks we are going to do the same with 5 granchildren 4 years, 3.5 years, 2.5 years, 4 months and 3 weeks old. But it may take until they are the same age as your family's kids to finish the project. ;)

Doug - The JeepCruzer said...

Good lookin' family there Action Man! I feel your pain in arranging group shots. I do weddings now and then and even when everyone's somwhat behaved, it's a monumental undertaking to get everything else just right. In fact, I'm doing my Sister-In-Law's wedding this weekend, about 30 people on both sides and 15 of them children, sheesh, why do I do it?

magz said...

who woulda believed that you had that many ties hanging in yer closet? check out my latest family shot... with a nod to this one here. Nice family action-folk!

answer-man said...

ps I'm having a little trouble sending comments so if I do it twice please excuse me and I apologize.