Thursday, August 12, 2004

beMonday Indeed!

I get a kick out of being mentioned in other blogs. Really liked the beMonday post on H O L L Y W O O D L A N D.

Well, it's another work day for me and I'm looking forward to it. I just spent two days without watching any news and while I didn't miss it. I hate the feeling that I might have missed being in on something cool.

Someone once said I'd make a good mentor. I don't know if they were right, but long ago I had the opportunity to supervise a large group of high school students in a summer internship program. Out of almost thirty teens, two have gone on to work in broadcast news and I just found out that a third has been hired to work full time production at a popular cable channel.

It feels good to see these guys that I knew as teenagers move forward in positive directions. Gentlemen, you make me proud.

Now, I'm going to go for a run. Let's all hope nothing bad happens today. If something bad does happen, let's hope I get the story.

13 comments:

Buttercup said...

Thanks for the comments on my blog. I always check in with you to see the recent stories you report on. Your blog gives me hope that one day I too can have a happy successful marriage with a great guy. FYI - I loved your photo of all the kids with the colorful ties. How perfect!

planetary said...

Action-Man, dude! I just found out that the NJ Gov. admitted he was gay and resigned. Since your blog allows you to voice a professional and private opinion on life and news, do you have any comments you would like to share with readers? I mean, if this happened with Mayor Hahn, would it be handled delicately or would his undercover life be on the news every day for the next two weeks?

gemmak said...

Love the last paragraph.......heartfelt but honest :o)

will said...

BeMonday? I guess for most people it BeThursday, but I forgot that for you the weekend is actually more like mid-week. Have a good one, and may you cover stories about septuplets and rose gardens.

dkgoodman said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
beFrank said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
beFrank said...

Planetary (by the way, I am a fan of Warren Ellis),

Keep in mind that the attitudes and opinions of each person is different for reporters and photographers. There is no concerted effort to "go after" an single political person on the level that I work. We're just foot soldiers. If there were some secret hidden agenda, I might know about it, but probably not. My work ethic isn't greatly affected by the subject matter of a news story. It's also not affected by ratings or focus groups or political correctness. I guess I'm saying, the story doesn't get any more or less attention from me than it deserves.

I don't know all the details, but I'm not interested in his private life. Anything he did that may have affected his position or any violation of the public trust, well that would make the story newsworthy.

I could write more on this topic, but I'm sleepy and I really need to get to bed. I'll post my day's assignment in the morning.

beFrank said...

Crap, I hit the wrong trashcan. Sorry about that. I'm fried.

I'd be interested in a web ring, but it sounds kinda' like work. Catch me when I'm less groggy.

will said...

Hey, I just noticed that you and I both just got added to the LA Blogs site. Cool!

beFrank said...

I'm glad you noticed it. I never heard of them, but that's awful nice to be linked. I befriended them also.

dkgoodman said...

lol. No problem. "Friends don't let friends surf fried." :)

beFrank said...

Don't take the blog! You'll kill yourself!

dkgoodman said...

Oh, man. I haven't heard Rick Dees in so long. Met him a few times, real nice guy. "I ain't got no time for you!"