Tuesday, August 24, 2004

I know who you are!

So, get this. I found out recently that the person who posts comments as Planetary is-- eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep. Okay, he's not famous (yet), but he's a friend of mine and he wants to stay anonymous. Don't ask me why. I'm just obliged to respect his choice.

On that subject, I know there are a few more friends of mine lurking in the background. Many of them might have interesting (differing?) points of views on my posts. I'd like them to know their comments are always welcome. No pressure. As any blogger would tell you, it's the page hits that really count.

It's my day off and everything is quiet. Last night I set up a live-shot for a sidebar story to the plane crash from this weekend. It's not a great start to my weekend, but at least I can appreciate the time to decompress.

I've got to get a few things done around the house today. Action-Man has to whip out the Action-checkbook and pay the bills. There's some yardwork to do and the pond filter is clogged (thanks again Obi and Kayla). Action-Wife and Scooter both deserve a nice home cooked meal and I need to work on getting some photos ready for framing.

Very likely, I'm going to fire up the grill later and put a six-pack of beer in a tin bucket of ice. The family will be getting home from work and school and if nothing exciting happens today, that's fine. I'm probably missing some bit of action in the world. If that's the case, there's not much to be done about it. Right now, today, my older kids are safe and happy in their lives. My youngest is eager and motivated in her school work. My wife will come home and we will kiss like we haven't seen each other in weeks. I'm very thankful for the life I have and I hope I never take any of it for granted.

Just a slow day for me. You know what's really cool? If I play my cards right, I can have another one tomorrow.

7 comments:

dellislove said...

That all sounds wonderful Sweetheart and I plan on getting in many, many kisses because you may not be in a position to tomorrow. You do remember your morning appointment don't you?

I love you and I love our life. All is right in OUR world. See you later.

Always in love,
Action Wife

beFrank said...

Yeah, I remember. No big deal. I doubt he'll be doing anything more than an exam tomorrow.

gemmak said...

Sounds like the perfect day off....enjoy! :o)

Lynne said...

A lovely blessed life you have.

magz said...

day off sounds good. but ya pushed my nosey button with planetary. Stephen Hawkings? Arnold Swartzenburger? Adoplh Coors? Buck Rogers? Buckaroo Bonzai? C'mon spaceman....give. Stop by my farm and REALLY drive me nuts... he he. Oh, and Bri? what questionaire? I usually avoid spammin and spimmin and major gang e-ing... but yer right, them meds make us do some odd stuff. I'm nowhere near as thunk as sum thinkle peep i yam....

magz said...

some guy who lives in a shack?

beFrank said...

Bingo.