Saturday, August 07, 2004

Lost in thought

Quite a day (night) yesterday. I didn't have a reporter, so I wandered around shooting bits and pieces of stories for other crews.



Press conference for the family of Rick James. Held on the sidewalk on Barham Street. Barham is a hellishly crowded street that runs along the south side of Unversal Studios.


Cruising along Sunset Boulevard. I'm looking for a notorius billboard that shows a very explicit image from the soon to be released movie, "Brown Bunny".


Tower records on Sunset.


Found the billboard, but it looks like I was too late. They cracked under the weight of the public outcry.


Ended the day by doing a "live shot" from Hollywood Boulevard in front of the Kodak Theatre. We're parked right across from the El Capitan. Lots of tourists, freaks, and stalkers.



All in all a good day. Now, I'm off to Big Bear to cover the search for the still missing kid. If I'm a little melancholy later, don't be surprised. I may have to stay overnight. Action-Wife, as always supportive, but none too happy about it. Have I mentioned how important her trust and understanding is in our relationship. I couldn't do what I do without her in my corner 24/7.

She's a keeper.

5 comments:

Terri said...

Having an incredibly supportive husband myself I know exactly what you mean. My job is demanding, I'm on call 24/7, I've been known to be brought to tears (like the other morning in the shower when a phone call brought two full days work to a complete halt when a trip I'd been working on (and pulling strings, cashing in favors, etc.)for a man dying of cancer was cancelled) and he's always there with a fresh cup of coffee, a towel and a "buck up little buck-a-roo" smile and a joke. Yes, every Action Man should have an Action Wife (or vice versa) if they want to survive and maintain sanity. I hope she writes more. I like her a lot!

Terri said...

Don't mean to take up so much room but this:

"She's a very kinky girl
The kind you don't take home to mother
She will never let your spirits down
Once you get her off the street, ow girl
She's a super freak, super freak
She's super-freaky, yow"

..has been ear worming, first thing in the morning, last thing at night, thru my head for two days now.

beFrank said...

Your head, mine, and everyone else on the planet alive since the seventies. I just need to add, "Ahhh! Make it stop!"

Lisa said...

First of all, the pictures are great. I like seeing things from your angle.. I was in LA several years ago, and never did make it to the "Walk of Fame" (although I think we did drive by).. I was in high school.. what can I say? My parents were running the show!

Also, my husband had a job (before our daughter was born) that took him away from the house for 5 or 6 days in a row every week. That was hard for both of us. I feel for you both having to be apart. On the good side, it does make the time together a lot more meaningful. I know you've already caught onto that.

Good luck with the missing boy. I was thinking about him earlier today.

Lisa

P.S. I would love to get Superfreak outta my head! Maybe I'll put it up on my blog! ha..

magz said...

197-somethin.... I worked at the sunset tower when my way-cool boss bob delanoy moved from the buena park (KnottsBerryland) tower... got stooooories....