Tuesday, August 10, 2004

My Turn, my turn!

Well, it's been quite a while since I've been able to post anything. Busy, busy, busy. I suppose if I took the survey that was going around about how much time the blog is taking in your life, my percentage would probably be a negative one, and it's still hard to believe Action Man's was only 6%!!

Anyway, our household is all-a-twitter now that our youngest decided (out of pure boredom), to start blogging. If you can just imagine a very athletic parent, into all kinds of sports from the time of crawling, that has a bookworm child -- then one day that child picks up a football (or any type of sports apparatus) and really starts to show interest as well as aptitude. Oh the elation, the JOY the PROUD Papa! Well, minus the sports, that's what's going on at our house right now. Action Man has been wanting for a long time now for one of his kids to pick up the shutterBUG or the pen, and run with it. And now he can hardly contain himself.

Of course, I had to remind him not to say a word or it will all go away as suddenly as it started (teenagers - go figure!). It's difficult, but I think he can hold out until we're sure it has taken hold and the youngest is hooked but good!

I think that I am officially a Blog Widow and soon to be an abandoned parent. So I figure --eh, join 'em.

7 comments:

gemmak said...

A very proud father indeed I suspect........so what's the URL???? If the son is as good as the parents your onto a winner again :o)

beFrank said...

Too late. She just peeked over my shoulder and said she quits.

planetary said...

Hey, Action Man, I figure you know by now I,ve just about gone through all the blogs and only one created interest: I want to sue Ball Park Franks also! Truth be told, the writing is creative and intersting. If I had more time I would try to explain my job but would only gather insomniacs and star watchers. Happy that the child will blog. And so what if they threw you off the home page. I can't get the home page! Besides, I think we could make bank with an out-of-court settlement with Ball Park Franks!

planetary said...

Oh yeah, Action Wife, didn't want to leave you out! Glad to see you're blogging it up! Anyway, keep at it. Pretty soon I could just read about you two all the time. Am I serious? I drink beer and work and watch football (season starts soon, yipeeeeeeee!) If you think I'm gonna sit around and read about you two, ... I probably will. Give me more blogs.....

Terri said...

You are so RIGHT. The very second you let them know you're happy with what they're up to they will change it faster than you can pat them on the back! I have two sons, now 25 and 29 (ages of maturity more like 15 and 19), raised a couple of stepkids, a foster kid here and there, a nephew and I can absolutely agree with you. There is no figuring out teenagers. I always had the attitude that my job was just to keep them alive until they could "get it." So far, so good. Also, very nice to "see" you here! Hello, I'm Terri. Nice to meet you! I live in Ventura area. I didn't know that all these nights you were home alone managing kids. You both seem way too young for teenagers! What's up with that???!! :0

Terri said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Terri said...

Sorry about above. It's messing with me tonight. It double posted but now wont let me delete! So Sorry!