Monday, September 20, 2004

LAX Security?

In two separate incidents, two people were caught with live ammunition trying to go through security at Los Angeles International Airport. We're only talking four bullets between them, but why in the heck would anyone do this?

Oh, and why am I smiling? It's my Friday. TGIF everybody!



You remember Joel Conable? I was working with him tonight. We were scheduled to go on live during the 9:00pm newscast, but a police chase bumped us out of the show. We ended up having our first shot in the 10:00pm newscast.


Just a reminder for everyone travelling, leave the ammo at home.

3 comments:

furiousmuse said...

goodness! live ammo! i don't even pack a disposable razor! and those things are darned expensive on the road, what a waste of money if you can't keep the darn thing (i don't like the cheap ones..). wait, i think i've got a business idea....!

hope you enjoy your "weekend" :)

furiousmuse said...

goodness! live ammo! i don't even pack a disposable razor! and those things are darned expensive on the road, what a waste of money if you can't keep the darn thing (i don't like the cheap ones..). wait, i think i've got a business idea....!

hope you enjoy your "weekend" :)

jenny said...

In my frenzied rush to grab things that would keep my kids busy on a flight I grabbed scissors (for crafty things) and a screwdriver (to unscrew the back of a battery powered toy) and threw them in my purse. Completely forgot about them and went through security.

And when I say went through what I mean is they didn't stop me. Sure they xrayed my bag and might have even unzipped it but they never said a word.

I might add that this was Logan Airport in Boston. Scary, huh?