Thursday, September 23, 2004

Mellow for a Monday

Somebody registered a complaint today about my lack of posting over the last couple of days. I don't have to single him out (Buzz!), he knows who he is.

Good weekend for me and I rested. . .sort of. Last couple of days were spent with Action-Wife and Scooter. I think I crammed a lot into a couple of days. Worked in the yard, watched parts of the new Star Wars DVD set, visited a few blogs, fried up a mess of fish, walked the dogs, and drank some beer. I hear we're still at war with terrorism and the election is really coming up fast. I better get to work and see what's going on in the world.

It's looking a little shaggy today, but that's because we're. . .okay, no lame exscuses. I need to roll up my sleves and get some work done.



More reasons why I'd rather be at home when other people would love to have my job.



This is why I may never buy another house. Starbucks and 24 Hour Fitness going in around the corner. Perfect, because I can't see them from my house, but in easy walking distance. Really easy walking distance.



Here's a picture borrowed from Scooter. These are the boys from the deep end of the pond. I let the algae get out of hand this summer. Taking steps to fix the problem, but the boys don't seem to mind. It must be dinner time.


Thanks for the picture, Scooter. Sorry for not giving proper credit earlier. No, you can't ground me.

12 comments:

The Lonely Goatherd said...

I should tell you sir... that you have an amazing house!! .. it takes me back to my childhood..spent leisurely playing in backyards filled with trees.. and little ponds with fish (Not goldfish... but nevertheless..some kind of hardy fish)

Thank You:)

Tara said...

B.,
My dad used to make the best fish -- flounder, catfish -- with homemade hush puppies. His was the only fish I would eat. I never liked the way anyone else made it. I'd like to try yours, though. I bet it was good! I love men who cook. Hub cooks, too!
:)
Tara

Michelle said...

Damn! I am hungry!

beFrank said...

Oops- I forgot to credit Scooter for the pix of the goldfish. I meant to write that in the caption, but I forgot and I will make the correction and apologize to the kid when I see her. Bad dad.

planetary said...

Fish, backyard, beer . . . I spent time in Sacramento doing WORK DAMNIT! Hot, a lot of fields full of grass and nothing. IT WAS GREAT. (Actually, had beer Saturday and Sunday) I wish I could have got in some that fish fry you had but when you tired . . . beer has to be delivered. If posting was a art you would be Micheal and Angelo ( they make great pizza!) Nothing wrong with you taking a few day off from posting but don't make a habit of it you meedia worker!

Terri said...

STOP IT!!! You're killin me with this backyard paradise!!! It looks so lush, tropical...like you're on vacation. I love that. I also love that you can WALK TO STARBUCKS. That's almost a dream come true. The gym...yep, even that is perfect. The only thing I got going is we're near the beach. Not near enough, maybe 2 miles and unfortunately not very "walkable" streets. I do just absolutely love that backyard. Oh and the Starbucks within walking distance is just sheer perfection!

beFrank said...

Planetary- Media Worker? Why, I'll have you know I am an offical "Media Grunt".

Don't do anything wrong. I know where you live and I'll put you TV.

Terri said...

PS Steven just suggested we do a new reality show called "HOUSE SWAP!" What d' ya think????

beFrank said...

Terri- The drive to work or Action-Wife would kill me. The Starbucks is still a few months away. I actually met the developer through one of our reporters. I tried to get him to add a bookstore or a computer store, but he couldn't.

Terri said...

Oh Gah!!! A bookstore would just about push me over the edge! I almosted fainted away just thinking about it!!!!

My favorite things in the whole world. Well, except the gym but God knows I need that! Yes, I'd say that house is a keeper. And on top of everything else, location? All this in LA? It's just too good to be true.

Of course we have a more rural life, although that's changing rapidly as the strawberry fields are not forever and are now becoming housing developments. I can still take my dogs to the beach without being arrested but that's due to change too as more people fill in the blanks.

Terri said...

Oh Gah!!! A bookstore would just about push me over the edge! I almosted fainted away just thinking about it!!!!

My favorite things in the whole world. Well, except the gym but God knows I need that! Yes, I'd say that house is a keeper. And on top of everything else, location? All this in LA? It's just too good to be true.

Of course we have a more rural life, although that's changing rapidly as the strawberry fields are not forever and are now becoming housing developments. I can still take my dogs to the beach without being arrested but that's due to change too as more people fill in the blanks.

Terri said...

Filling in the "blank spaces" is what I meant above.