Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Open wide. . .I said, WIDE!

Really sorry, if this is too graphic, but welcome to my day. The dental hygenist was quite gentle with me. She may have pro-wrestled at some point in her life. I'm planning to take it easy for the rest of the afternoon.



I snapped the picture with my cell phone camera and sent it to Action-Wife in the waiting room.



The beer was Scooter's idea. She's a good kid. It really wasn't doing much for my teeth, so I drank it.

Just me, a few scholarly diversions, and a very well chilled bottle of Pete's Wicked Ale. That's as good as it gets. If you're so inclined, enjoy a little bit of your day for me. I'd appreciate it.

ps- Thursday I'm heading to Santa Maria for another round of Michael Jackson coverage. Sunday, I'll be on the red carpet covering the Emmy Awards. I'm lucky to have a job I can look forward to.

11 comments:

bluezzzgirl said...

ouch...hope you're feeling better soon.

beFrank said...

Feeling good already. Thanks for the concern.

Grace said...

funny photos -lol- hope u feel better- didn't you heat Mohammed Ali say, "don't eat sugar"
when u were a kid?

have fun with the jackson farce


just watched outfoxed- I think it is a must see for anyone in the media- hope you view it
about Rupert Murdock and his way of presenting info- love to hear your thoughts of it and the balanced news act that is not...

will said...

I love, love, LOVE that picture of you and ol' reliable Pete.

magz said...

Wicked, Man. Wicked toothache. Wicked Ale.

beFrank said...

Thomai- I haven't seen it, but what I've seen of it doesn't surprise me. I guess I look at what I do from a frontline point of view. I may not always agree with the decisions and actions of the people who run media empires, but I believe in the purpose of journalism in society. Outisde of the car chases, celebrity diversions, and stories we obviously are only putting on to keep you watching, we still serve one basic function. We hold the powerful accountable. We are as human and as fallable as anyone else on the planet, but this is the ideal that I support and work for every day.

Tara said...

Sorry about the trip to the dentist, Bryan. I hate, hate, hate going. It's no fun.
:)
Tara

MsOktober said...

You crack me up....sending a picture to Action-Wife in the waiting room!

Glad to hear you are feeling better :-)

Grace said...

I know your position about your work and I agree and applaud you. I hope you will respect the journalists and producers of journalism (who worked with Fox in the past) and the investigative journalists who contributed info in this non- entertaining, fact giving DOCUMENTARY. As you know that(documentary) is a medium I've worked with. This one is worth viewing for everyone, and especially for those of us interested in sharing information on a large scale level. Please do not judge it till you've seen it...if necessary, remove any chips from shoulders...btw, do you recall the 80's when Reagun got rid of the fair and balanced reporting (not the exact name) laws or act?

MsOktober said...

You know, after I thought about it, you are setting yourself up for a Pete's Wicked Ale gig. They'd love this if they saw it :-)

Hey....franks and beer commercials! Yeah, that's the ticket!!

beFrank said...

Aime- Franks go great with beer. Anybody got a connection with the Wicked Ale people?