Sunday, September 12, 2004

Stop the presses!

This one almost got away from me.

A joy happy fun part of my job puts me out dealing with the public. If you've ever dealt with the public, you might catch the huge pile of sarcasm in that.

While driving with a reporter in the KCAL newsvan through NOHO (Originality? Man, if we could just copy some of that.) a guy that looks normal walks into the street and flags us down. He's got a flyer in his hand and I thought it might be a press release.


He quickly tells us, somebody is installing electronic devices in the area that can kill people by remote control.

I was too shocked to laugh. I thanked him and promised to look into it. He turned and walked away. We drove off. Quickly. I think he was happy that somebody heard what he had to say.

Whoa.

I think I have just had an epiphany (first one this week). Maybe that's all a lot of people want. Just to feel that somebody has heard what they have to say. Even if it's crazy.

10 comments:

gemmak said...

Lol...as another who works with the public I certainly got the 'pile of sarcasm' in that! :o)

Terri said...

You mean, that's not true? :-)

beFrank said...

Which part? Me looking into it, enjoying the contact I have with the public, or never resting until I find the real killers? Wait. . .I mean, killing people by remote control.

Tara said...

Ah, the public. The reason I'd like to live on a secluded island sometimes......
:)
Tara

emily said...

I work with the public daily (I'm a waitress by day, writer in the wee hours of the morning) and I too caught the sarcasm.

I once took a flier from a lady at an earth hippie festival. It said she had been put down on this planet by flying saucers to save the world. It claimed she was Jesus Christ's replacement.

Nice to know He finally gets a coffee break. . .

magz said...

pip-pip....E-PIP-hany! why, what's that??? closer....closer.... YES! It appears to be, a hint of the ole sh$#@t eatin grin!

Anonymous said...

why is it that all the crazy people are privy to secret information like electronic devices killing people with remote controls?

Sandra

Buy Levitra said...

Great article! Thanks.

Phentermine said...

Thanks for interesting article.

Anonimous said...

Excellent website. Good work. Very useful. I will bookmark!