Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Going to the dogs

The news gods had mercy on my tortured soul Sunday. No reporter to work with and no big news. My one story was about as far from serial killing as you can get.

Halloween dog show in Burbank. The proceeds go to a worthy cause and the people who came out seemed to be enjoying themselves.

I take my job seriously (no, really) and try not to feel too deprived if I don't get the top story of the day. There's always happiness and laughter somewhere in the world.
Sometimes it's sad pathetic embarrassed laughter, but I'll take what I can get.

8 comments:

SidDawgone said...

haha! I used to have matching Halloween outfits for me 'n Sid, Super-Girl and Super-Dog! I personally think he used to enjoy being in it!

Phin Samuels said...

A day like that makes up for all the heavy days that you normally have.

Lisa said...

That is too cool. I'm sure it's nice to have a relief and report on something fun.

Lisa

Michelle said...

Awwwwww the wee litttle pug dog in a tux...LOL.

Terri said...

You didn't happen to be at Camarillo airport today did you? A news van was there, right outside my office, and I thought of going over but I was on my way out to a business lunch so couldn't stop. I wondered if it was you though!!

Ruby in Paradise said...

Was that dog in PINK??? LOL. That is beFunny!

Anonymous said...

Frank,
It's nice that you can perhaps find some balance in your coverage of the news. I enjoy your blog. Did you lunch out?

beFrank said...

Lunch out? Sounds like I've been visited by a co-worker.

Actually, no "lunch-out" for me. I also did live-shots for Josh at 5 & 6.