Friday, November 19, 2004

Got Jesus?

First assignment got cancelled. It involved ice skating (don't ask). So, I ended up helping crews covering the Billy Graham event at the Rose Bowl last night.



I'm sure other people would disagree with me, but I can't help but feel that this guy is getting too old for this.



It wasn't a full house, but quite a respectable number of folks showed up. As an adult, I've had a tendency to hold on to the same spiritual beliefs that I had growing up in a catholic household. I've taken issue with some catholic doctrine over the years and I don't attend mass, but being a catholic is a large part of my core beliefs and values.



But even with the protestors, it was a moving experience to see so many people willing to come out and participate in a religious fellowship. It was uplifting.



I just hope these signs were left over from the last non-religious function and weren't there just for that day. I'd feel a little disturbed by the corporate sponsorship.



Although, you have to know that my uplifted spiritual feeling might have been influenced by the one in the middle.

Hey, I just realized it's Friday. Blessed "be" the Lord!

8 comments:

suegee said...

...and thanks "be" for Starbucks!

Anonymous said...

whew. i may be one of the rare, or privledged, to have a halfway grip on why yer blog gets a bit....beHindish. If yer writing, really writing.. it's a ZONE, aint it! I cant imagine anyone else tryin to live with me thru this... my bestest to da Action family, and you Bri

magz said...

hey, that was just me... dont know why my settings have changed to anonymous occasionally, lol

Buy Levitra said...

Great article! Thanks.

Phentermine said...

Thanks for interesting article.

Anonimous said...

Nice! Nice site! Good resources here. I will bookmark!

Maxwells said...

I see first time your site guys. I like you :)

Anonimous said...

Excellent website. Good work. Very useful. I will bookmark!