Tuesday, November 09, 2004

I'm trying to pace myself

It's been slow. My schedule changed this week (not for the better, I liked working weekends) and I've been devoting what would normally be blogging time to my NaNoWriMo project. I imagine there might be a few of my regular readers who are questioning how I could dare abandon them. I guess on the infrequent day that I am bored, I just feel silly posting an announcement of the fact that I'm bored.



Last night I spent my shift covering the crackdown on illegal parking along Los Angeles streets during rush hour. The story itself was interesting and I got a chance to jump out of the newsvan to roll on cars about to be towed off. That got my blood pumping, but we were done shooting in an hour.

We had a lot of people asking about the story, because other stations were also covering it. It really turned into a night of public interruptions. We were parked near a videogame store and people also stopped to ask if we were there for the Halo2 debut.



The high point of the evening was setting up a liveshot in front of the Borders bookstore at Sunset and Vine in Hollywood. Did I spend my downtime browsing? You betcha. Wi-fi and coffee, first liveshot in the 10:00pm newscast, it don't get much better than this.



I suppose I could write about having lunch at "Hot Wings" on Melrose, but people who don't know the Hollywood area might not care. There's also the night out with Action-Wife over the weekend, but as fun as it was for us (yay, for "The Incredibles!"), it all seems so mundane when compared to my previous week (ha-ha, look at me, I'm blaming the election).

The novel is going well. Trudging along, but I'm happy to be writing again. I have to remember to be thankful for all the positive things I have in my life. That includes the patience of the beFrank regulars.

I'll be on the look-out for something interesting to post. I really don't want to change my name to InAction-Man.

11 comments:

will said...

Hey, my work place!

Every week we have to make the announcement at Amoeba over the loudspeakers: "Attention Amoeba customers! If you parked across the street at Jack In The Box, the tow trucks have arrived and are towing!" Once, this announcement sparked an exodus of about eight people.

We have to threaten towing from our own lot, as well. typically, it's people parked in the handicapped spot, but sometimes they block the entrance or the exit, they forget to set their parking brake and their car has rolled into another, or as on one summer day, the car someone had left their dog in was going to get very hot. Let out the dog, we said, or we'll have to do something drastic...

Ruby in Paradise said...

You want me to bePatient! Well, lets see if you can bePatient, while I am learning to bePatient. hee...hee! Happy Writing beFrank, your readers will still be here when you finish the killer novel!

Michelle said...

Hmmmm...i think you should beRevealing and not secretive where this nanowrimo is concerned. I for one am busting to find out what its about. Even Magz has us all running for cold showers after reading hers!!!
Come on, fess up!!

Tara said...

just another thing in the universe attempting to teach me patience! AGH!
Good luck with your writing, Bryan!
T.

gemmak said...

Yeah.I'm with Michelle on this one.....we can bePatient but we need to beIncluded where the novel and it's whereabouts are concerned. Magz novel is 'hot' so how about yours? C'mon give it up ... beSharing :o)

beFrank said...

I'm playing catch up. I'll have something to show for my efforts in another day or so.

Anonymous said...

hmmmm... as happens so often in here, my buddies beat me to the punch noseying round about yer book bry! just curious... though there's definetly something to be said for this leisurely sorta ....foreplay? that you're doing... i didnt know my book was (ahem) hot, jeez, i havent even really warmed up yet! write on, bryan!

beFrank said...

I promise to post something soon. I barely have time to blog my regular day at work. Don't be suprised if my next post is a simple, "My day sucked."

Buy Levitra said...

Great article! Thanks.

Phentermine said...

Thanks for interesting article.

Anonimous said...

Excellent website. Good work. Very useful. I will bookmark!