Thursday, November 25, 2004

A night at the opera (PART II)

Getting dressed up and going out on the night before Thanksgiving isn't something I'd recommend. I'm not sure what posessed Dellis and I to drag our overworked selves out to another opera when there's so much to do for tomorrow. I think we look good though.



It was quite the romantic evening. We had dinner at Pinot's Grill outside of the music center under the stars. You couldn't even tell from my smile that we were going to see another opera.



I'll say it again, because a lot of people still don't believe me. I enjoyed the production of "Carmen" we saw last month and I don't mind going to the opera. It was fun to put on a tie and dress up to go out for the evening.



It helped my disposition for me to have tried a new beer with our dinner. Bless the Czech Republic. They helped me gain a new level of appreciation for opera.



I enjoyed the performance and I was awake for a lot of it. The story in La Boheme was easy to follow because it was a lot like the TV show "Friends", except Rachel (Mimi) died at the end.



Next season they could have a spin off that features the character of Colline leaving Paris to seek an acting career in maybe like England. Then when the show isn't doing too well, they could have Marcello and some of the other characters come and visit. Just maybe not Mimi, because she's still dead.

I hope everyone has reason to smile today. I have to go to work, but I'll be able to spend the evening with my family. If you're travelling, "beCareful". If you're not where you'd like to be today, try to keep it in perspective. Tomorrow is another day and as long as we're living, we can work to make our lives better.

It ain't over until the fat lady sings.

3 comments:

Grace said...

Happy Thanksgiving

and my goodness what a good lookin' couple

Terri said...

You both look absolutely stunning!

By the way, Steven is performing at the Magic Castle in Hollywood from December 13th, Monday thru the 19th, Sunday. If you'd like to go I'd LOVE to include your names on the guest list. Just let me know. Okay, it's no opera and certainly not as romantic but it might be something different! My husband in one of the top ten sleight-of-hand artists in the country. He doesn't do rabbits or sawing women in half - nothing like that. Just close-up magic, primarily with cards. He'll be performing in the close up room. It is dressy though, they have a strict dress code, men jackets and ties, women cocktail dresses, but I can see from above neither would be a problem for this dapper couple!

Tara said...

I laughed, I'm inspired. I love the photo of the super cute couple. Great post, Bryan.