Thursday, December 16, 2004

Pirates and sheriffs and pink cars. Oh, my!

The movie and recording industries are mad as hell and they're not going to take it anymore. As part of an ongoing investigation into DVD and CD piracy, the Sheriff's department made a gigantic haul of illegal DVD and CD merchandise and duplication equipment.

I covered a press conference where they talked about the problem.



. . .and while driving to that press conference I had my semi-regular Angelyne sighting.



The press conference was pretty dry. Sheriff Baca spoke and to make a deathly boring over-inflated (wake me when it's done) short story even shorter, they busted a company that was pirating DVD's and Video.



Since spotting a celebrity is so much more interesting, let's just go with that. Working in Hollywood, about every six months or so, I'll spot the pink corvette that is her secondary trademark. If you don't know who she is, try a Google search (her primary trademarks should be apparent).

I'm going to call it an early night. I need to stay sharp and start thinking about my end of the year wrap-up.



I'm just glad the week is almost over and I can look forward to working around the house through the weekend. Anybody catching the sarcasm?

Bah (be?), humbug!

3 comments:

planetary said...

You know, it's been a long time since I posted a comment. What happened to the fan base? Are they trying to say that Action-Man jumped the shark? Naw.
I still read it (when I can) and actually tip my beer before I drink it all down. News is so-damn depressing I've basically zoned-out of watching it and realty-based programming (I hate the Home-For-Sale Channel) and I hate reality -based programming too. Anyway, this blog is how I try to keep up with what's going on. So I'm going to have a Aspen-Edge right now so I can tip it! Later!

gemmak said...

I'm still here!!! Ok, maybe not so foten but i have to work for a living now! lol :o(

J said...

"If you don't know who she is, try a Google search (her primary trademarks should be apparent)."

Or perhaps as *Yahoo!* search!

Okay, I'm not actually indoctrinated yet, but the options package does provide compelling incentive to push the company's wares.

Adventure-Son, here...
I've finally gotten a chance to breathe, take some time to read up on the adventures of Action-Man and generally relax as I get ready to head down to ActionHQ for Christmas.

Well, since the comment section of this blog entry isn't really the appropriate forum for anything else I have to say, that's it. Just letting it be known that I'm still here.