Sunday, March 26, 2006

Next vacation, how about we go to Hawaii?

This sure doesn't feel like the tropical paradise I see in all the brochures.

We've stayed in the room most of the day. I dropped Camia off at her dorm last night because it looked like she might be showing signs of hotel room fever. It's like cabin fever, but with room service.

One of the balconey doves has been hanging out, waiting for the rain to let up. Kind of nice to have the company.



I can't believe there was still more freaking rain this morning. We had the snorkling gear laid out just in case we got a moment or two of clear skies and felt like risking the beach.

Good thing we kept the receipts.

We missed our window of opportunity yesterday morning, but it's just been unbelieveable how much rain has been coming down. I keep thinking when I see the sun, it's going to stay with us for a while.



Then the clouds come back and we get more downpour.

The young one seems to be having fun and having the opportunity to laugh and spend time with her still makes the trip worthwhile, but give me a break.

Whoever is doing the rain dance, just knock it off. Okay?



Well, I'm going to go start reading the book I bought for the flight back and maybe take a nap.

It's the fourth day of our vacation and I'm just starting to get a little "fidgety" like I might be missing a big news story.

On the other hand, maybe it's time for another beer.

I'm enjoying the ride, but somebody wake me when we get to the "real" O'ahu.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

even better stay home and watch south park

beFrank said...

anonymous - Or better yet, I could start my next writing project.