Friday, March 10, 2006

Winter Wonderland

I understand the concept of Winter and all, but being from Los Angeles I grew up and never experienced anything that resembles a real Winter.

So, I have to ask, is all this really necessary?



Okay, I know people aren't reading this to hear me complain about working in the cold weather. There are photogs in other parts of the country who handle this and worse every day. I'm proud of the job they do to bring home the news under these conditions and I'll try to stop complaining. Here goes.

Yup, just another day at the office and this time the office is located in Frasier Park (or maybe Lebec). We're covering the weather (again) and the snow is coming down.



I don't think anybody is more surprised than me about the weather. I've been up here twice in the past year looking for snow and came up empty handed both times.

It could be worse. Don't ask me how, because it's pretty freaking cold out here. I just know that so far tonight nobody got hurt out here in the snow.



Once I regain the use of my frozen digits, I'll be able to post about the story I wanted to cover. I'm not going to complain though. The folks who assign the stories might get mad at me.

If they get mad, they could do something mean like send me out to cover the snow.

Again.

BTW - I posted this between liveshots in the 10pm and 11pm shows. I read it this morning and revised it a bit. Okay, I laughed at how rough it was (even for a quick post) and then revised it. Happy weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

iT COULD BE WORSE

Twister Death Toll Rises to 10 in Midwest

beFrank said...

anonymous - Yeah There's always worse somewhere. Writing about our discomfort in the snow was no way meant to be compared to any of the real "bad" that people suffer in the world. Thanks for the info.