Monday, April 24, 2006

You break it, you bought it.

Nobody's going to think this is true, but I know it's not always about me. Seriously.

Dellis' Art Show was this past weekend and I was quite happy to sip a glass of wine, snap a few photos and be the supportive husband that I've always imagined myself to be.



She's had pieces shown before, but this was the biggest showing of her work that she's ever exhibited.

There was a good turnout.

Quite a few people came out, including a few relatives and a handful of her former students (now all grown up) made the showing.

Dellis got lots of interest in her work and some good feedback from both friends and strangers (yeah, they were just friends she hadn't met yet).



This was a wonderful day for Dellis and I'm just happy I was able to be there (as opposed to chasing a breaking news story).

It might seem odd, but I try to say very little about her art. Sorry, but everybody knows I'm biased. Dellis could glue two pieces of wood together and I'd be all for seeing if the Ghetty might be interested.

I also know she sometimes listens too closely to the comments I make.

It's never my intent to impose my sensibilities on her work. I admire what she does without feeling like I need to be involved in the creative process. No stress. I just get to enjoy work created by someone I care deeply about.

Somehow that helps me be better able to handle the things I have to deal with at work and in life.



The next time I'm dealing with intolerance, violence and hatred, I'm going to remember how I felt this weekend.

It's a big world. I love my wife and it makes me feel good to know there's still room in it to enjoy art, beauty, and the (mostly) quiet peaceful life we share.

Happy Monday everyone.

2 comments:

Colonel Corn's Camera said...

Life is all about the art. Hey, just wanted to say thanks for reading. I think all of us photog bloggers have a tight community here on the web and I have enjoyed reading you for a couple of years now. I've learned a lot about blogging from your musings. Keep up the good work and I will keep following in your foot steps.

beFrank said...

Thanks dude. As always, good luck out there and bring back some good stories.