Friday, May 12, 2006

Eat, drink and be married.

If anyone is wondering, I generally miss the writing on the days when I don't get a chance to post anything to my blog. Wednesday couldn't be helped. Dellis (Actionwife) and I celebrated our 19th Wedding Anniversary that day.

I'll say it for you, WOW!



If I'd written on Wednesday, you would have gotten a heartwarming sentimental post, but come on. Nobody wants that. Everyone would rather just hear about the latest crime scene or see a picture of a celebrity. Right?

Pretty much a moot point, since I never quite got around to posting anything.

Dellis and I both played hooky from work. We had a late breakfast at Marston's in Pasadena (macadamia nut pancakes!) and goofed around on Colorado Boulevard for half the day. It probably goes without saying that I did most of the goofing.

Later, we had a couple of late afternoon drinks (mango amaretto smoothies) and just blissfully enjoyed relaxing in each other's company at home for the rest of the evening.

It was one of the few days where I was okay with turning off the phones and being off-line for a while. By the time the weekend rolls around, I'll still be playing catch-up on what I did at work this week.

I was pretty well rested after my vacation, but it was still great to have a day where even though the whole world kept moving, my lovely wife and I got the chance to hold hands, take deep breaths of each other and realize that 19 years isn't such a very long time at all.

3 comments:

Angry in L.A. said...

Congrats...19 years. you got me by about a decade.

I'm looking foward to those times where it is just me and my wife again, like when we were dating.

With a 4 year old, a a new born, 8 hour job and a private buisness I don't get to spend alot of quality time with my wife. I need to work on that.

beFrank said...

angry in l.a. - It gets easier. You go through HELL, but eventually it does. Good luck.

Anonymous said...

I don't think that you should be sorry for spending the day with your wife and if some people do have a problem with it then you should remind them that you don't have to do this blog site.