Thursday, July 27, 2006

He don't blink enough either.

Man, it's too hot to chase Govenor Schwarzenegger around town. Well, I guess somebody has to do it.

That was my assignment yesterday. It was fun. I got to work with one of my favorite reporters (sorry about the two-shot, Dave) and I got to shoot a one-on-one interview with the Governator himself.

Afterwards, I followed Arnold to a couple more campaign stops in pursuit of b-roll.



Gotta tell you, I liked it when he was sitting still at the Lula Washington Dance Studio and we were in an airconditioned auditorium.



At the time, I didn't realize how good I had it. We didn't get punch and pie, but we got a nice little dance concert.



We shot the interview, then he and his entourage left. His next stop was Olvera Street. That's outside.

Outside bad.

I don't know what they put on the Governor, but he doesn't sweat. I was drenched by the time he had walked his way through the crowds of people.

Two thoughts come to mind. One, it's highly possible that he's in better shape than me (hey now, he didn't have to carry a camera).



The other possibility is that he really is a "Terminator" cyborg from the future.



If that's the case, the protestors need to change their signs. All these issues seem a little less important when compared to the complete freaking robotic takeover of the planet.



Okay, too silly.

I'm sorry, but it was hot yesterday and pretty absurd to follow him the way I did.

Photo opportunities? All part of the job.

At least I got an interesting assignment. Plus, I got a little bit of a workout. The Governor is doing his part to insure news photographers stay physically fit. . .or is it part of some diabolical plan?

Hmmm.

5 comments:

Widescreen said...

How strange, you must have read my blog regarding this very thing.

Our worlds are apart but no different.

Look.......http://widescreen-btn.blogspot.com/

falco348 said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

uderhood said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

steelboy28 said...

I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»

onfoyou said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»