Saturday, November 25, 2006

All right, Happy Two-Days-Later!

It's two days later and I can't believe it, but I'm not quite sick of turkey yet.

We had a great time on Thanksgiving. Our two older kids were in town and my in-laws (who are extremely cool) came over for dinner.



It was a touching moment during grace, our youngest daughter was on the phone with us. She'll be home for Christmas at the end of the semester, but spent Thanksgiving with friends in Hawaii. If I'd have known I was going to be off for the whole weekend, I think I would have sprung for the trip home.

At the very least, I'll have to remember to get a speakerphone. I think I remember a scene like that from an old Charlie's Angels holiday episode.



Later in the evening, we had a visit from Mr. and Mrs. Asantana.

Mr. Asantana is also a news photographer. I don't think either of us is actually used to not working on Thanksgiving. I've probably worked all but one Thanksgiving since I started working in news.

It's not as if Thanksgiving simply doesn't exist for news photographer.

The cold buffet that typically greets me in the newsroom at the end of my holiday shift is a lot more familiar. I appreciate the comforting effort by my station, but I have to admit it'll never replace the laughter and warmth that comes from friends and family.



So, it's a couple of days later. I've had a nice break from the world of news and I've been reminded of how normal people spend the holidays. I'm stuffed. I don't want anything bad to happen, but I'm going to have to start working off some of my "turkey weight".

First thing on Monday morning, I'm hoping for a breaker.

Aw heck, that's almost two days away. Pass the gravy.

2 comments:

Lindy.. The Alien Keeper said...

Happy 'belated' Thanksgiving. It does make you feel all warm & tingely inside, doesn't it?

beFrank said...

lindy - Hard to tell. Maybe when I digest a little more, I'll feel it.

Okay, I'll admit it. The Holidays warm even my fair and unbiased heart.