Friday, December 15, 2006

Long Beach Fire: Part Three(ish)

Things are slow. I'm not complaining, I'm just saying. It's almost the end of the year and I'm scratching my head over the strange turns my life in news has taken this year. I can't wait forever for just the big stories to happen. I actually needed to string words together, so here's an end of the week update post.

Since last week, I've been practicing on the new edit system and helping the "Iron" Chief Photographer (Joel Fallon) on a management project. I haven't hit the streets for any actual news work since the Long Beach Fire.

Yes, I am climbing the walls.



Let me stop and take a deep breath.

I try to be careful about how anxious I let myself get about going out to cover the news. It can really screw up my calm, zen center of balance and unbiased objectivity. Gotta keep things in perspective, because the last thing I want is for something bad to happen.

Plus, the real reason I'm antsy is that I rust easily. You don't want me to go a few days without shooting anything.



It's early Friday morning. I'm up to maybe work out and have breakfast with Dellis. One cool thing I want to share is that our youngest daughter is home from college. She's been gone for months and it's really nice to hear her laughter in the house.

If the weather works in my favor this weekend, I've got my shed project to keep me busy. It's coming along, but I just wish I had more chunks of time to work on it. On top of everything I want to do this weekend, I'm expecting to spend a few hours in a quiet corner of Starbucks writing.

Somewhere in there, I'll actually get into the spirit of Christmas and hit a mall for some shopping.



One of my brothers dropped off a CD of R&B/Motown Christmas music yesterday. Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. Fair warning to any reporters I work with, I plan to make it the theme music of my newsvan for the next week or so (and I really think it's time to break out the Santa hat).

So, life is good, even with nothing major to blog about. I'm on cruise control until something big happens and I wanted to keep everyone posted.

I hear breakfast calling me, I'm going to go start my Friday. Happy Hanukkah everyone.

1 comment:

IGirl said...

Hey I moved again. heehee Happy Holidays to you and yours.