Thursday, January 18, 2007

Chicken anyone?

It's been a few days and we're still in the middle of making arrangements for my brother's funeral. I'm holding it together for the most part, but that's just my gruff and stoic exterior.



I've been up early and worked through each day until it starts feeling like I'm just spinning my wheels and then I go home and collapse.

I'll be able to rest a little when the arrangements are finalized, but right now I'm thankful for the distraction of helping to handle things.

It's nice that I have most of our family pictures already scanned and sitting on my computer. We've actually had fun going through them on my laptop.



Lots of people have stopped over at my brother's house to pay their respects, offer their help and drop off food (mostly chicken). It's a comfort to know that he was loved by so many people and the help has been appreciated. The refrigerator is full of chicken, but I'm telling people to keep it coming.

It's a difficult time for me and I'm just really getting a kick out of seeing people show up at the door with chicken. Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Widescreen said...

Sorry to hear of your loss. Keep strong and true.

You have good people around you to give you strength. Take care.

Surfsister said...

Oh my god!!! Where have I been? I read this post and the previous one and my jaw fell to the ground. It's just wrong, beF. I'm so sorry to hear about your brother. Damn!! I'm just sitting here shaking my head. Take care of yourself and don't hesitate to allow others to take care of you too.

beFrank said...

widescreen - Thanks for the kind words. It all helps.

surfsister - I'm too stubborn to let things get me down. I wish i had more time to myself right now to grieve, but it's okay. I know I'll have that time after everything calms down. My lovely wife is keeping an eye on me.