Friday, January 12, 2007

I can't talk about it.

I'm not working in the office, but I'm not out in the field on assignment either. Since covering the People's Choice Awards on Tuesday, I've been on the road with the Iron Chief to work on a project that I'm not supposed to blog about because it would totally violate my workplace confidentiality agreements.

What a predicament.



Since I don't want to get all fired for something like that, I'm just gonna post some more shots of Carmen Electra and write something witty and clever to distract you from my completely exploitive use of her picture.

I've been watching "Studio 60" a lot, so this should be easy. The writing is witty and clever and I'm trying to learn to talk like the characters do on the show. Nobody talks like they do in real life, but it makes for good television.



Okay, this is probably where I should jump right in and start writing the good stuff. . .yup, clever and witty is absolutely the way to go. . .just give me a second here. . .okay. . .sorry, I got nothing.

Shoot, they make it look so easy. I'll come back to it later (darn you, Aaron Sorkin).

Teri Okita from CBS Newspath asked me if I liked covering awards programs. Hmm. I had to give the question some thought. I don't really think about it because it's just part of my job. I'm not a particularly "star-struck" guy. I think entertainment assignments are a nice change of pace from murder and mayhem, but most of the time it's just a great opportunity to practice my still photography skills.

Yeah, yeah, I know. I need the practice.

I've taken enough pictures to have learned that a good photograph doesn't need a celebrity in it to make it good. Sometimes though, it does help turn a simply "okay" photograph into something better.



It's all exciting and fun, but most often for me, just to be able to capture a moment, that's what does it for me. That's what holds my interest and makes me want to go through the trouble to take still pictures.



It also helps to know that I have an audience. I appreciate that. I hope I never take for granted the people who spend time out of their day hanging out with me online.



Thanks again.

I'm glad I managed to get through this post without putting my job in jeopardy. I'm doing more top secret project stuff and maybe a smattering of edit training tomorrow (uh, today?). Not really the most exciting activities, but I'm going to have to come up with something about it to post.

I used up all my Carmen Electra pictures.

1 comment:

Colonel Corn's Camera said...

Teri, wow, I worked with her in Kuwait back in 2003. How is she? Was she covering the red carpet for Newspath? If you see her again, tell I said hey.