Thursday, February 22, 2007

Hello, Mr. Coffee!

It's after 11:00pm and I should be trying to get a few minutes of sleep. Back in January (or was it December) when I volunteered to cover the Oscars, it really seemed like a good idea at the time.

Not so much at this point.



Am I crazy or what? In about two hours I'll be leaving home for the station because I have to help move our trucks into position and run the cables for our Oscar coverage on Sunday. This is going to be difficult.

I had another training class scheduled today, but I blew it off to try and help troubleshoot Unit #19. I know it might seem like we've been going through this for weeks (oh, yeah, we have), but this is the price we're paying for trying to do what no other broadcast news station is doing.



We're inventing the wheel, discovering fire, and learning to fly while chewing gum and hopping on one foot. I actually feel like there's plenty I could blog about, but I'm not getting the writing time that I'd like to have. It's tough, but I'm comforted by the fact that I know this won't be the case forever. Eventually all the photogs will be trained, our vans will all be upgraded with the XDCam gear and I'll be back doing what I love.

Sleeping.

1 comment:

Lindy...The Alien Keeper said...

Dude, I'm so sorry you're so tired but honestly, I can't wait to see your coverage of the Oscars! Hope you catch a few zzz's before then.