Saturday, April 07, 2007

Pulp Fiction

The adventure continues. It's early for me to be up on a vacation day, but I'm that kind of person who has to be up before everyone else and look out the window and have a moment to myself to collect my thoughts.

Plus, I have a blog to feed.



As I stare out the window at the wet ground and see people with umbrellas on the street below, I can't help but appreciate the humor of the situation. Rain? Yeah, rain. Remember our Hawaii trip last year? We remember it. I don't want to talk about it.

We're used to it by now. I'm going to ignore it for the most part.

Spent the morning and early afternoon yesterday hitting museums and art galleries near Union Square. Being a photographer, I was looking forward to the Ansel Adams Museum.



We were told by a guy at the Cartoon Art Museum that the Ansel Adams Museum had been closed. . .since about 2001. I really wish somebody would update the tourist maps.

Enjoyed the "Rejection Collection: Not in the New Yorker" exibit.



Dellis and I spent the second half of the day with our two older kids. They were fun. I did a good job raising them. . .okay, Dellis and I did a good job raising them.

What?

Fine. Dellis did a good job raising them and they didn't seem to suffer too greatly from my corrupting influence. There, happy now?



I'm going to go take some pictures and see about breakfast. We might as well eat hearty. At this point, I'm going to figure that Fisherman's Wharf may be off the lunch menu because of the rain. Speaking of lunch, yesterday we ate at John's Grill. A pretty famous place, it was a setting in The Maltese Falcon" by Dashiell Hammett. We're big fans of "The Thin Man" movies, so I'm feeling pretty hard boiled and maybe a little "noirish" after that.

I should have brought my trench coat.

1 comment:

Ron said...

Wow, someone else is a big fan of the Thin Man movies? That really warms my heart. I was watching the first in the series on DVD yesterday during a cold and windy day here in Big D.

Hope the vacation is fun! I never had a bad one in SF...