Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Hooh! Aah!


". . .that's the sound of the men, working on the TRAIN ga-ang."

My apologies to Sam Cooke, but that's the tune stuck in my head since I realized the word "train" was pretty much interchangeable with the word "chain" in the song. With all my training duties, it's my new mantra.

It could be worse. I probably could be singing the blues.



I've got a trainee until the end of the week, then I'll have a couple of days working with the engineers (and Marvin) to fine tune the ENG truck's edit system installations.

Not exactly fun work, but it has to be done. I may grumble, but it's still pretty nice to be considered one of the guys capable of handling this particular job.



Another cool thing is to see the guys I work with getting into the new edit system after working with me for a few days. I've gotten a few calls for help, but we're all getting better. It just takes time.



I'm posting from unit #19 and unit #19 is sitting in the parking garage. It's my classroom on wheels for now. I don't know exactly when we'll be out covering the news.

I do know that I'm looking forward to it.

(Hooh! Aah!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Working on the chain gang", good set of lyrics to know. I always loved whistling a few old prison or slave tunes while scooting about under managements eyes.

A couple of us even adapted the lyrics to Tv when we worked in Chas. Sc. Should have written them down. They thought it was cute,but it was a great way to gripe about silly live shots, etc..
Chris P