Sunday, July 15, 2007

The Best Medicine

My internet access is spotty, so I'm just going to throw a few pictures up and hope they make it through.



We spent a long day at the LIGA (Flying Doctors of Mercy) clinic in a part of Tijuana that the tourists don't really vist.



What are we doing? Well, everybody else is working on treating any medical problems. Dellis and I are taking photos of the families visiting the clinic and printing the pictures for them on site. It's not really a medical function, but the families are having a blast. Really. It seems to be giving them something to smile and laugh about and that seems to be counting for something.



When I volunteered, I was just interested in helping in any way that I could. I'm glad the photo thing presented itself. Shoot, you know that was right up my alley.



We'll be wrapping it up today and heading back home. I'll check in later and let you know we made it home safely.

3 comments:

chy said...

I've worked in similar clinics, you did good with the photos, trust me, real good.

True Willow said...

I see you and Dellis are still the best medicine around, it has been way too long befrank!

Only Love,

~TW

darleene said...

Dellis, you look beautiful!