Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Hey, it is Tuesday.

My condolences and prayers to Chris Maxwell and her family over the passing of her step-father David Shaw. He was the writer of the 1969 movie "If It's Tuesday, This Must Be Belgium" and I have extremely fond memories of seeing that movie at the Academy Theater in Inglewood when I was too young to get the jokes.

At the end of my shift last night I was talking with Chris' husband, Paul Skolnick. He told me about their family's loss and shared with me David Shaw's obituary from the LA Times.

As I read through the obituary, Paul mentioned to me his observation of how often interesting people pass through life and we miss opportunities to know them.

I'll have to double check, but I think Paul actually used the words "really cool" when he was talking about the people in those missed opportunities.

I'm amazed and absolutely inspired by David Shaw's writing accomplishments. He was a part of television's golden age and his obituary reads like he just decided what he wanted to do, then went out and worked to make it happen.

That's going to stay with me for a long time. I hope his family is able to find some comfort in knowing that he lived a life that continues to inspire others. I'm thankful I had the opportunity to meet him (and also very thankful I had the opportunity to photograph him).

I guess I just want Chris and her family to know that I'm very sorry for their loss and I also think David Shaw was "really cool".

1 comment:

sexy said...



A片,色情,成人,做愛,情色文學,A片下載,色情遊戲,色情影片,色情聊天室,情色電影,免費視訊,免費視訊聊天,免費視訊聊天室,一葉情貼圖片區,情色,情色視訊,免費成人影片,視訊交友,視訊聊天,視訊聊天室,言情小說,愛情小說,AIO,AV片,A漫,av dvd,聊天室,自拍,情色論壇,視訊美女,AV成人網,色情A片,SEX,成人圖片區