Saturday, September 08, 2007

Security Gates of the Rich and Famous

I'M BEFRANK AND I'M STANDING IN THE ROAD ABOUT ONE BLOCK FROM THE ENTRANCE TO OPRAH WINFREY'S MONTECITO HOME TRYING MY BEST TO SOUND LIKE ROBIN LEECH.



I don't have a lot of time, let's get right to the facts. I'm running SNG outside of the big fundraiser Oprah Winfrey is throwing for Obama.



It's Saturday and I was looking forward to getting some things done around the house, but the lure of a little overtime, well, let's just say no more.

It sounds cool to say I'm covering the fundraiser, but I'm about as far from it as you can get. We're lined up on a side street and I can't even see the house from here.



Reminds me of the days I spent on the road outside of Michael jackson's Neverland Ranch, but his neighbors never brough water out for the media.

That was pretty cool and you never hear much about folks being that nice to us.

(You know who you are. You ROCK! Thanks again.)



During a break between liveshots, I hiked up the hill to see if there was anything I could photograph for the blog. i don't know, maybe I was naive in hoping for a big neon sign that said, "Oprahville" or "Winfreyland".

Heh-heh, "Talk Show Bazillionaire Estates".



The streets are blocked off and I'm locked in here for the next ten hours.

After all the months I've been working inside, I'll say it again, it's nice to be back to putting people on TV.

Gotta go, it's show time.

1 comment:

turdpolisher said...

With all the rich one's talk about everyday angels and paying it forward, you think she could have sprung for a keg for you guys.