Monday, October 15, 2007

Hellooooo, Dali!

Whoops, wrong Dolly.

After having worked a double shift+ on my day off on Saturday, it only seemed fair to spend some quality time with my lovely wife on Sunday.  By the way, I'm not really done with the events of that long Saturday at work, but I need to chew on it for a bit first.

Action-Wife and I went to see the Salvador Dali exhibit at LACMA last night.



Let me be frank (heh), I'm not a Salvador Dali fan.  Nothing against him personally, but I simply love the work of other artists more.  Eyeballs and flaming giraffes are all well and good, but respect and appreciation for an artist isn't the same as a personal preference or inclination.

I look at it like this; I like brussel sprouts.  Everybody doesn't like brussel sprouts.  Some people freaking hate brussel sprouts.  That's their preference.  There's nothing wrong with brussel sprouts.

You see where I'm going?



I don't hate Dali and I certainly don't hate art.  I love the work of a lot of different artists.  I'm head over heels in love with one artist in particular (and even then, I have my favorites out of her works).

I'll give you half points if you thought I was talking about Anca Ionescu.   She's actually my second favorite if anyone is keeping track.

Dellis is first.



If you get a chance to see the Dali exhibit at LACMA, I hope you enjoy it.  Dellis and I had a nice romantic evening and it helped chase away some of the lingering blues from the previous day at work.

As a matter of fact, even though I won't be joining the Dali fan club, I'll admit his work has now inspired and influenced my own artistic ambitions in photography.



I call this photo "man's inhumanity to man" and I'm and asking $100,000.00 for it.  I figure if I sell it, I can pay off some bills, get that Porsche I want and maybe not work so much overtime on the weekend.

Keep hope alive.

Happy Monday.  I'm going to work.

Blogged with Flock

2 comments:

darleene said...

OMG, you guys look so spiffy and cute!

I guess, if you did like Dali, I would tell you I could hook you up, since my sister sells Dali lithographs and other art (http://www.daligallery.com, a site I once managed for their gallery), but since you don't -- oh well!

beFrank said...

darleene - Thanks. I'll check with the wife to see if she needs any Dali work, but I'm totally good. again, nothing against Dali, but Anca Ionescu is my (non-wife) favorite artist.