Thursday, October 11, 2007

Just say, NO!

Yesterday wasn't bad. I was out along the 405 training a new per diem. With Dave Malkoff reporting, we were covering the proposed construction of an animal crossing that would connect the two sides of the Sepulveda Pass.

It's a big ticket item costing in the millions and would be attached to the main freeway improvement construction project.

It's for the animals.

Hmm, I'm not quite sure how I feel about this.



NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO! ARE YOU PEOPLE NUTS?

There must be a more pressing (better?) use for that money.



I hope what I said is good enough to squash that insanity. It's upsetting me. I don't want to talk about it anymore.



Besides, I'm typing this post from the satellite truck. I got called in early. Really early.

The IRON CHIEF got me on my cell phone just after I got home last night at 7:00pm (again, because it never gets old, I hate L.A. freeway traffic).

CBS Newspath needed SNG support at the courthouse downtown in the morning. Britney Spears was expected to appear in court for a hearing related to her child custody issues.



NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO! Are you people nuts?

There must be more pressing (better?) use of our news resources. Look, that's not even her in the middle of that mob. It's her ex's lawyer. It's K-Fed's lawyer!



(sigh) I didn't get close enough to get a clear shot of K-Lawyer. My fault. I stayed a little distance away from the crowd. It looked dangerous and I didn't really want to get sucked into the gravitational pull of the cluster f**k.

(Yeah, sometimes that's really what we call it)



It doesn't even seem likely that Britney is going to show at this point. I know people might question why we're out here covering this. I understand. You can probably tell I'm not a Britney fan. I don't really care about her, but shucks, they actually pay me to be here.

Woo-hoo! Now, that's something to be excited about.

As far as Britney goes, it's okay if this isn't a story that you'd watch. Trust me, somebody is watching.

Somebody is watching a lot.

Blogged with Flock

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We need to have a Britney-free zone!

Keep it up... love the blog.

-- from a former news guy... now I do weather

beFrank said...

anonymous - Thanks for the encouragement. I need that.

Good luck with the weather.