Sunday, October 21, 2007

Well, I was kind of resting.

Maybe I should have just gone ahead and left town with Dellis on Thursday like I planned. It just seemed like a lot of effort and money for a get away that neither of us really wanted. Good thing we have a home that we enjoy.

Plus we both have projects that we couldn't exactly take on the road with us. For me, it was peaceful and nice to invest a few hours on the projects that I really felt like spending my time on while taking a few vacation days.



This is actually going to be a water feature for our pond. It's going to be a suspended stream that should stretch about 16' (give or take). I'm planning to paint it blue (or maybe red, I'm still kicking it around) and hang it from chains about two feet off the ground.

I still have to line the water path and lay the pipe that will feed it. If there's an engineering reason why this won't work, don't tell me. I think I'd rather live in denial.



A couple of weeks ago, Dellis and I cleared out the old stream and cut back a ton of the plants that had grown in. It looks a mess right now, but I have a pretty clear vision of what it should look like when I'm done.

It's gonna be cool when I finally get it finished.

Just a little more time, that's all I need. Shucks, I can barely find the time to keep up with the maintenance of everything around the house now, but it feels good when I go outside and I'm surprised by some of the simple things I enjoy about our home.



It's tough to balance everything I'd like to do and the all the things I need to do. The entire yard has suffered a lot this year from my erratic work schedule. Plus, I'm shifting a lot of my attention to focus on some of my more literary goals.

The few days off I had did some good. I'm rested and ready to get back to work. That's probably a good thing. With all the fires burning tonight, I can't help but feel like I'm missing out on the events of the day. I'd be just dandy if things settled down, but I know that's not likely.

It might be just another day at the office, but I'm heading out early in the morning to cover the fire.

Blogged with Flock

2 comments:

darleene said...

dude. even I was a work tonight!

beFrank said...

darleene - They were holding me in reserve since I was on vacation.

I was still sitting by the phone just in case.