Sunday, November 25, 2007

Special Guest Appearances by Govenor Arnold and Angelyne

That might be a case of false advertising, but I'll get to that in a minute. It's been a long weekend-- heck, it's been a long week.

No rest for the weary, I knew I was going to be working on Sunday before I left work on Saturday.

Suh-weet! That's a lot of overtime. Hey, tis' the shopping season and with "sweeps" over next week, I'm not likely to see much OT until after the end of the year.



No complaints from me, it was an easy day and the "not being at home" part was the only difficult thing about it.

I got to put Kristine Lazar on TV a couple of times and I recorded a dub of a pool feed of our very own "Governator" touring the burned area.



He was here and I saw him. Honest.

Sorry, I don't have a shot of Arnold. It was the second most surreal moment of the day when I saw his SUV and entourage drive past right in front of me.

I'd feel better if I had a shot of him, but I'm sure you'll take my word for it that I saw him.

It was like a dream. There I was, just standing outside of the SAT truck. I didn't have my camera out and didn't really want to fall all over myself just to snap his picture (again), but he drove by smiled and silently mouthed his line: I'll be back.




Okay, that last part wasn't true. If it was, then that would have been the most surreal moment of the day. That was only surreal moment number two. Even more bizzare (bizzar"er") was Angelyne, pink Corvette and all, posing for pictures and signing autographs.

Sorry, I don't have that shot either. Tell you what, here's another picture of Kristine Lazar.

Angelyne was doing her thing near the checkpoint that leads to the incident command post. I was just driving in, didn't want to stop and really, this is Angelyn we're talking about.

It's not like I haven't gotten a shot of her before.



Uh-oh, look at the time.

It's the end of the day. Luckily, I've already packed away all the gear and I'm going to jet out of here as soon as I get the all clear from the station.

Maybe I'll be back out here tomorrow or maybe we'll be moved on to other bigger and better things.

Anything is possible.

Blogged with Flock

1 comment:

dkgoodman said...

I remember Angelyne when she was just a billboard. Ah, the good ol' days. ;)