Thursday, November 15, 2007

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye.

It's not even real. It's just a toy gun. I didn't see any reason to make it a "thing" and it was a cool liveshot. To each their own, but I don't like guns.

Two idiots were playing dress up like FBI agents and shaking folks down in Glendale. They got caught and now face some pretty serious charges.



On a scale of one to ridiculously asinine, this particular felony will likely put the dynamic duo behind bars for a spell. They might want to practice dressing more like convicted felons.

It's a pretty safe bet, first prize for "best law enforcement officer costume" is probably a serious butt whupping from their fellow prisoners.



It was quite a collection, but I've done this story where the weapons are real. In those cases there's usually a large amount of drugs on display in addition to the weapons.

I suppose the point to be made here is that the world is a dangerous place.



Maybe not so much in this case and that might be why I'm bothered more by these pictures after the fact.

Here in these photos, the threat is implied and even though I know the gun is fake and couldn't hurt me, it's still a disturbing image to see it being pointed at me by an obviously deranged reporter.



Just kidding.

Now, put the gun down and walk away from the liveshot.

Blogged with Flock

4 comments:

Jack's Shack said...

I am with you. I am not a fan of having any sort of gun pointed at me.

darleene said...

Y'know, a noose is no better, and those seem to be making a come back. Ech. Hey, next time you're in Glendale, say hi to Tom Lorenz, from the former Darleene Barrientos! Oh, and if you ever make it to Zankou in Glendale, I just realized that they immortalized one of my old articles by blowing it up huge and putting it up on their wall.

newshutr said...

Remember...ALL reporters are deranged. Just be glad of the no weapons policy at work.

beFrank said...

jack's shack - I've met very few people who strike me as having the right mentality to own a gun. The ability to protect might be the stated reasoning, but I suspect the ability to kill is by far the greater appeal.

But that's just my opinion.

darleene - Okee, dokee.

newshutr - Okay, but I haven't really ever met ANYONE in news that I'd consider to be completely mentally stable (myself included).

Don't get me started on editors or TOC operators.