Saturday, November 24, 2007

Malibu Fires 2007: THE SEQUEL

Wow, didn't we just do this a coule of weeks ago? This is the view from Hawthorne as I was heading for the station this morning.



My phone rang just before 6:00am and I worked late last night. That means I didn't quite top off on sleep, but come on, we all know I'm a sucker for breaking news.

Big fire. Malibu. Dual path SNG needed. How soon can I get to the station?



Dual path satellite shots needed. Woo, that's twice as many buttons to push. I'm there, baby.

Wait a minute, it's a little more difficult than that to agree to come in.  It's a holiday weekend and I have my older two kids in town.

On the other hand, I'm pretty sure they'll be coming back next month for Christmas and nothing makes a happier Christmas than an overtime fattened wallet.

Goodbye kids, drive safe.  See ya' at Christmas.



Drove to Studio City to get the SAT truck, then out to Corral Canyon Road where many of the firefighters were getting ready to go to work.



That was a good thing too, because the fire had already burned through this area, but there were still some hot spots and I can't, by any stretch of my imagination think that my pulling up to an open spot in this gas station was going to be a good idea for long, if at all.



It was kind of worth it to see David Goldstein and Freelance Photographer Ken Koeller prospecting for some liveshot gold.

I would have liked to have stayed in this area and seen some of the action unfold, but no, that wasn't going to happen.



I got sent a couple of miles away to the Command Post near the Malibu civic center to cover the press conferences.

Yup, that was a good plan.  Only problem, they weren't going to hold the pressers at the Command Post.



They decided to hold it about a mile away at Malibu Bluffs Park on the West side of PCH, across from Pepperdine University.



Apparently we had some technical difficulties.  Nobody had a microphone stand.  I know.  Lame.  Next fire, we'll try to do better.



My understanding of how this fire is burning is that we'll have more opportunities to get it right.  I'll be here to cover more pressers.  That's reporter Lonni Rivera and Staff Photographer Nick Mercado is also standing by.

Unless I get relieved by another SAT operator, I'll keep you posted.   If they do send me home, I think I'll try to sneak out with my lovely wife for a movie or maybe we'll just find a nice romantic spot near the ocean and watch the warm glow of people's property and possessions going up in smoke.

Blogged with Flock

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

NATIONAL NEWS
MALIBU, CALIFORNIA WILDFIRES
NOKR Updated: 11-25-2007

Reconnecting Families and Individuals
About 10,000 people fled their homes in the Malibu area ahead of the flames.

● Gov. Schwarzenegger: State of emergency has been reactivated
● Fire has burned 4,650 acres, but is 25 percent contained
● Fire started on a dirt road next to a paved highway in the Corral Canyon area
● About 1,700 firefighters, 23 aircraft battling the wildfire
● The fire destroyed 51 homes and damaged 27 as of Saturday evening 11/24

NOKR is asking anyone that may have a missing or potentially injured family member due to the Wildfires situation in Malibu, California or the surrounding area to register this person with the Next of Kin Registry.
Register at: http://nokr.org

sexy said...

情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣,按摩棒,跳蛋,充氣娃娃,情境坊歡愉用品,情趣用品,情人節禮物,情惑用品性易購,A片,視訊聊天室,視訊,視訊聊天,視訊交友網,免費視訊聊天,聊天室,UT聊天室,免費視訊,視訊交友,免費視訊聊天室

免費A片,AV女優,美女視訊,情色交友,免費AV,色情網站,辣妹視訊,美女交友,色情影片,成人影片,成人網站,A片,H漫,18成人,成人圖片,成人漫畫,情色網,日本A片,免費A片下載,性愛

A片,色情,成人,做愛,情色文學,A片下載,色情遊戲,色情影片,色情聊天室,情色電影,免費視訊,免費視訊聊天,免費視訊聊天室,一葉情貼圖片區,情色,情色視訊,免費成人影片,視訊交友,視訊聊天,視訊聊天室,言情小說,愛情小說,AIO,AV片,A漫,av dvd,聊天室,自拍,情色論壇,視訊美女,AV成人網,色情A片,SEX,成人圖片區

情趣用品,A片,免費A片,AV女優,美女視訊,情色交友,色情網站,免費AV,辣妹視訊,美女交友,色情影片,成人網站,H漫,18成人,成人圖片,成人漫畫,成人影片,情色網


情趣用品,A片,免費A片,日本A片,A片下載,線上A片,成人電影,嘟嘟成人網,成人,成人貼圖,成人交友,成人圖片,18成人,成人小說,成人圖片區,微風成人區,成人文章,成人影城,情色,情色貼圖,色情聊天室,情色視訊,情色文學,色情小說,情色小說,臺灣情色網,色情,情色電影,色情遊戲,嘟嘟情人色網,麗的色遊戲,情色論壇,色情網站,一葉情貼圖片區,做愛,性愛,美女視訊,辣妹視訊,視訊聊天室,視訊交友網,免費視訊聊天,美女交友,做愛影片

av,情趣用品,a片,成人電影,微風成人,嘟嘟成人網,成人,成人貼圖,成人交友,成人圖片,18成人,成人小說,成人圖片區,成人文章,成人影城,愛情公寓,情色,情色貼圖,色情聊天室,情色視訊,情色文學,色情小說,情色小說,色情,寄情築園小遊戲,情色電影,aio,av女優,AV,免費A片,日本a片,美女視訊,辣妹視訊,聊天室,美女交友,成人光碟

情趣用品.A片,情色,情色貼圖,色情聊天室,情色視訊,情色文學,色情小說,情色小說,色情,寄情築園小遊戲,情色電影,色情遊戲,色情網站,聊天室,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,美女視訊,辣妹視訊,視訊聊天室,視訊交友網,免費視訊聊天,免費A片,日本a片,a片下載,線上a片,av女優,av,成人電影,成人,成人貼圖,成人交友,成人圖片,18成人,成人小說,成人圖片區,成人文章,成人影城,成人網站,自拍,尋夢園聊天室