Monday, December 24, 2007

Counting Down.

Yesterday I was positive there nothing that was going to get me out of the house and into the madness that is the mall.

It was a good plan.  Didn't have a chance in hell of actually happening.

I guess that's part of the beauty of the holiday.  Expectations and reality might not meet and I lost sight of that for a short time today.  It was tough, but I survived and now I'm relaxing with a glass of wine (thanks ali and asantana) and counting all my blessings that have nothing to do with retail mania.

My wife and all three of my kids are safe and healthy and close enough that I can hear their laughter.  That's a symphony I expect to change and become more rare as we grow older.



. . .you can't hear it, but I'm being called away from the computer right now.  I'm glad to have had this moment to wish everyone who stops by a very Merry Christmas.  Hug your family and hold them close.  Life changes and the opportunity might not always be there.

Love and hugs.

Blogged with Flock

1 comment:

lomara said...

Merry Christmas!