Wednesday, December 12, 2007

I'm sleepy, but I know I have to get something posted or people (yeah, I'm looking at you, Paul) will take shots at me for not posting. . .so, here goes. . .

. . .oh, and you could almost ignore the pictures.  They're just two random shots from the archives that I tossed up here because it's been sooooooo borrrrrrring this week at work.

I did a day of edit training on Monday.  The trainee I was working with is sharp enough to not need me for the rest of the week.  That's a nice surprise.  I'd given up a while back on ever seeing anyone pick up the new system quickly.

The downside for me?  At least for one day I was standing around with nothing to do.  I had to stand by to offer tech support if the trainee needed it.

I never got a call.



The picture above is from the La Conchita landslide.  We spent a lot of time on that story and I pass the area every now and then.  I'll have to check, but I think this is an early morning shot.  I might have been there all night.  It seems like I remember working some long days.

I was so bored yesterday, I actually volunteered to run a satellite truck up to Gorman.  Gorman!

I'm only a little crazy.  I'm sure I could have convinced the assignment desk to throw me into something if I really wanted to push it.



This was a cold Palm Springs morning right after Gerald Ford had died late last year.  It seemed like the pace was going to be heavy, but things didn't quite work out like that for me.  I'm almost sure we had just as much death, destruction and animal stories as we normally have in a year, but I wasn't around for most of it.

I was pulling a lot of straight eight (hour) shifts and spending that time in training, training other folks, or getting ready for the big move.

The last few months have been better for me.  Not so good for the people who have been suffering through fires, floods and criminal court proceedings.

I hope for nothing bad to happen to anyone, but if something bad does happen, shucks, I'll be happy to cover it.

Time for me to go to bed.

Blogged with Flock

1 comment:

darleene said...

well, if your week continues like this, maybe you can make it to the company Christmas party. :)