Monday, December 31, 2007

While you were sleeping.

Hmm. I think I may have used that caption before on another post. Honestly though, it's the only thing I can think of at 5:00am. I've been up since 1:30am and on the clock since 3:00am.



It's an amazing thing to be up and on the road in Los Angeles during the early morning hours.  It's not enough in itself to get me out of a warm bed, but if I gotta be up, I might as well enjoy the scenery.

Yes, that is a UFO in the center, near the top of the shot above.  It could also be just a UO, I don't know if it's actually flying.  It could be falling, somebody could have thrown it, you know I just can't tell from where I'm sitting.



Did I mention that it's really early?

It's the worst shift (for regular folks) on the last day of the year and I'm happy to be here.  With any luck, I'll be able to get off work on time.  That'll work well for me getting home and getting ready for a wild evening of falling asleep in my comfy chair while trying to finish off "The Razor's Edge".



Not to make anyone else's evening a downer, but I've worked many a New Year's Eve night shift.  It has its' appeal, but I'm not that. . .

Time for the liveshot.  I plan on taking a look back on my blogging year later today, but if you're out and about tonight, HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Blogged with Flock

5 comments:

lomara said...

Happy New Year, big guy! Be safe out there today. People start drinkin' early. Many started last Friday.

beFrank said...

lomara - Thanks for checking in so early. I managed to squeeze a post in between liveshots this morning. Someone reading the post kind of makes it worthwhile.

BTW - It's cold out here. I'm on lunch now and just surfing around a few friends' blogs.

If I'm lucky, we won't be in the noon show and I can go home.

Murman said...

Happy New Year Bryan. I always enjoy your posts. Keep your stick on the ice and good health in the year to come!

beFrank said...

murman - Yeah, brother. You know an icy stick is-- Okay, I'm not even going to pretend I know what that means, but goodd health to you also and thanks for taking the time to hang out around the blog. It's very appreciated.

lomara said...

Bryan, you're not a Kings fan are you :P That's OK. We forgive you :D

("stick on the ice" is a hockey reference. It's easier to catch the pass with your stick down)