Wednesday, January 23, 2008

What do you mean?

Snowed in? I'm not familiar with that term. You see, I live in Los Angeles.

No, it doesn't ever EVER snow where I live.



We're up here at Fraiser Park, doing satellite liveshots in the snow.  A rare weather by-product of the current storm.

Gee, it's cold. Just so you knw, I'm only getting out of the SAT truck to knock the powder buildup off the dish.



These shots are all from earlier today.  We are fully buried now and I don't expect to see sunshine, civilization or clean clothes until Spring.



Okay, I'm stretching the truth just a bit.  We are covered in snow and will likely have to spend the night up here.



I'll have to knock some ice off the dish before stowing it after the last liveshot.



We'll just have to remember that cannibalism is a last resort, not a first one.



BTW - My sincere apologies to the folks who live this every year.  You know, you're welcome to move out to California.  That seems like a smart thing to do.

Blogged with Flock

4 comments:

lomara said...

Be safe and warm out there B! The roads down here are wet and slippery and as usual, many people forgot how to drive.

Anonymous said...

Dude...I can still see the grass poking out. Around here, it doesn't even count as snow unless it covers the grass.

beFrank said...

lomara - I'm not going anywhere anytime soon, but when I do get to leave, I'll "be" careful.

anonymous - I bet you can't see any grass now. We got another foot of snow since I got relieved at 1:00pm. I'm getting up to do more liveshots 2:00am.

dkgoodman said...

Hey, at least here in Oregon we don't get hurricanes!