Wednesday, February 13, 2008

It's Funny

Funny ironic, not ha-ha.  We spend a lot of our resources on covering the awards shows.  Recently it's been increasingly frustrating, as appearances by the biggest stars are becoming more and more rare.



It used to seem very glamorous and exciting to see the celebrities up close and actually have the opportunity to talk to them (even if just briefly).

That innocence is fading away and my somewhat marginal celebrity interest is succumbing to fatigue.  Yup, I can't even think about it right now.  All I really can do is keep smiling and working.  Things aren't likely to change and I'm still too tired from working many long hours to have a good perspective on it.

It's no wonder I'm pressed for time (currently my most cherished commodity).  There's too many little tasks being neglected to put in the long hours.  Gee, I still have to fill out my expense report to get reimbursed for the $15.00 we were charged to park in the designated "media" parking lot.

A cup of coffee and a great story to cover today.  That's all I'm asking.

Blogged with Flock

1 comment:

EL-GUAPO said...

$15 for MEDIA parking!?!?

That's just wrong.