Monday, March 10, 2008

MAXIMUM Weekend!

Am I the only person who hates daylight savings?  I wouldn't mind going Arizona and skipping the whole clock change thing completely.

Trying to stay organized and on track with all I want to do isn't an easy juggling act, but on the other hand, even though I complain about never having enough time in the day to do everything I'd like to do, I have to admit on a good week, I see and do a heck of a lot.

I hope you're following me, because I don't have time to re-write that sentence.



I did find enough time to stop and snap a picture of the World's Tallest Thermometer in Baker, California.  My buddy, William "Buzz" Snyder, mentioned he didn't know about it.  I figure he might appreciate a photo (also a mention on my blog).

There you go, Buzz.  Rock and roll!



Last week I was also lucky to have time for dinner with my Lovely Wife and our oldest daughter.  Daughter-Girl was in town on business and it worked out pretty well that we got to spend at least a couple of hours together before she had to jet back to San Francisco.

We tried out the La Sirena Grill & Cantina in the Plaza El Segundo shopping center.  Of the three new restaurants in the area, this one was the only one that I felt was totally worth the money.  The food was great and the service was top notch.  I would eat there again and I look forward to the having the opportunity.

I'm kind of bouncing around on the days, but stay with me here.



Yesterday, my sister-in-law and my great niece Kacel, dropped in for a visit.  You know me, that's always going to involve a photo session.

There was an incident with chocolate ice-cream that I am really sorry about, but hey, let's hear it for the Photoshop healing brush.  I ruined the outfit, but fixed the pictures.

The yard got a couple of days of much needed attention.

We saw "10,000 B.C." with a buddy I've know since 8th grade.

I had breakfast with Asantana's husband (Mr. Asantana).

I set up a mail merge for Dellis on her computer.

The Jeep got washed.

Email got answered.

Photos were printed.

I started "Hollywood Station", the latest Joseph Wambaugh novel (again).

Dellis and I had dinner in our living room while sitting at the bar (honey roasted turkey panini sandwiches, green salad and grilled string beans)

Whew, the list could just go on.  There's actually a lot more (mostly yard work).  These are just some little examples of what I do with my time and these are the ones that got me thinking.

Here it is, Monday morning.

I could go on and gripe about the things I wanted to do (and maybe should have done), but compared to a lot of people, I know I really don't have anything to complain about.  Last week, even while working, I got to enjoy life and I'm thankful for that.

Making time for friends and family is the point I'm trying to make.  Kind of a long winded point, but considering I started out complaining about the hour I lost to daylight savings.  I guess one hour isn't such a big deal.

Hey, I'm gonna have to get some work done now.  I hope I didn't waste your time.

Happy Monday.

Blogged with Flock

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why on earth would you favor daylight wasting time over daylight savings? Said in the most respectful way, by the way, love your blog. Best -
K

beFrank said...

Thanks K.

What can i say? I'm a creature of twilight.