Friday, May 16, 2008

The Post about the Art Gallery Show

It is way too late at night for me to be sitting at my bar trying to get a post out about the Gallery Show.  I'm worn out  and I really need some rest, but I feel like I might be shortchanging the folks who follow my humble little if I don't post a couple of shots and let you know how the evening went.

It was awesome.  Really, really awesome.  I sold a few 8x10 shots and got some serious interest in the larger pieces.

It's great that people consider my work to be worth hanging up in their homes, but it was really just a wonderful time being out with Dellis and seeing a lot of friends, some family and some of my co-workers.


Photo by Angie Moriconi

The last time I did this, I was the only photographer from my station to participate.  This time, we represented with three more shutterbugs.  That's Dave Malkov, Mike McCormick, Jessica Ming and Lil' ol' Me."



Since the Gallery gets a percentage of any sales made, I hope to sell as many pieces as I can.  It's probably a little frustrating for people who know me to listen when I tell them, it's not at all about selling anything.



It really is more about spending an evening out with friends.  I'm not interested in shooting stills for money.  This wasn't an effort to drum up customers for a sideline business.



I figure, I'll never be rich doing what I do for a living, but I earn enough of a living that I don't have to try to make still photography into a secondary income.  Just the opposite, I can afford to support my still photography with my one and only day job.

The world could change and if I might need to ever reconsider the profit potential in still photography, I will.



Until then, I'll just keep shooting stills and enjoying the company of my friends and family.

It's getting late.  Well, I guess I'll see you in the morning.
Blogged with the Flock Browser

3 comments:

darleene said...

Looks like it was a great time, congratulations! And, if you ever run across any weddings, you know who to call!

lomara said...

I'm so glad it went well! I'll have to come out for the next one :)

Anonymous said...

It ws a great show. You have a great eye whether in video or still.