Friday, May 30, 2008

SANCTUARY!

Just like Victor Hugo wrote, I needed a safe haven to rest after work this afternoon.

Take note, I am painfully aware that nothing I did after work was contributing in the least to my efforts to take over the world. It's hasn't been a particularly difficult week, but I don't know, that might just mean I've become less aware of the daily grind.

Anyway, I'm just happy to be home and ready to take a moment to relax.



When I work a dayside shift on Fridays, it's a long drive home through downtown traffic. It doesn't matter what kind of day I've had at work, by the time I get home I'm just a little bit. . .on. . .EDGE.

Nothing a walk with the dog or a workout at the gym couldn't fix.



Yup. Either of those would have been better than what I actually did. After a quick snack, I crashed out on the couch for a nap (that's where I am in the first picture) There was one positive accomplishment I can claim. After I woke up, I finally got around to watching the special on "The Last Lecture" that Dellis TiVo'd a while back.

Very inspiring, but no real epiphany for me. I kept thinking Randy Pausch was preaching to the choir. Don't let that diminish the message and don't think that I wasn't impressed. I'm actually watching the full video of "The Last Lecture" over the internet as I type this post.

The question is probably rolling around right now. Am I being at all hypocritical?



Maybe.

I don't have a good answer. I also can't spend enough time to fully analyze things.

I'm up now. I'll probably be up late juggling two or more projects and there might also be a late night run on the treadmill.

If you don't have time to do three things, do whatever you need to do most and also try watching The Last Lecture. I'd be interested in knowing what you thought of it.

All I can tell you right now? I really needed that nap.
Blogged with the Flock Browser

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How inspiring Randy Pausch is! If you liked "The Last Lecture", another fantastic memoir I just read and highly recommend is "My Stroke of Insight" by Dr. Jill Bolte Taylor. Her TEDTalk video (ted.com) has been seen as many times as The Last Lecture I think, and Oprah did 4 shows on her book, so there are a lot of similarities. In My Stroke of Insight, there's a happy ending though. It's an incredible story! I hear they're making it into a movie.