Saturday, May 10, 2008

Twenty-one, so far.

Vacation: Day Three--

What? No, come on. It can't be Saturday. That would make this, like, vacation day eight. On Monday I have to go back to work. Woo, time flies when you're trying to cram as much into a week off as humanly possible.

Well, on to new business.

I'm expecting that a lot of new folks have been dropping in. Sorry about the lack of Broadcast News related postings. I'm on vacation, so you're getting extra helpings of personal life.



It's been a busy week for me. Even though I've been telling everybody I was taking it easy, that really hasn't been the case. Sadly, I also haven't been in an alcohol induced coma since Monday. Matter of fact. the week involved a lot less drinking than I even normally claim.

It would take me way too long to give all the details on my week off. I'll just hit the high point for now. Besides, I have to get something posted. I don't want to get "Skolnicked" when I get back to work on Monday.



I volunteered my photographic services and spent most of Friday helping out at the Pio Pico Middle School Black and White Ball. It's a middle school formal and almost the complete total opposite of vacation.

A couple of seventh grade helpers and I took photos of about a hundred eighth grade kids and printed them each a picture. Okay, so we ran out of time, but still printed most of them on site.

If we still owe you a picture, you can pick it up from Mrs. Magee's office on Monday.



Dellis thinks it was a difficult thing for me to give up a day from my desperately needed vacation. Nah. She needed me to be there. See, it works out well, because there was no place I would have rather been.

It's good to know that I can count on her for the same kind of support.

Also, Dellis and I celebrated our 21st Wedding Anniversary today. I don't know what the record is for being married, but we're going for it. Call the Guiness people.

Not the beer people, the world record book people.

Aw, heck, go ahead and call them both.
Blogged with the Flock Browser

6 comments:

darleene said...

Wow! Congratulations on the anniversary! BTW, did someone make sure to print out a picture of you and Dellis? You guys are adorable.

lomara said...

Happy anniversary!

True story: My parents were introduced each other on a BLIND DATE. They were married for 43 years! My Mom's best friend Sybol LOVED to tell me "Without me, you wouldn't be here!" Haha.

Horonto said...

Happy Anniversary!!

Good for you volunteeing to takephotos at a middle school.

I'm doing the same for my daughters class at the end of June.

Could you e-mail me. I haver a few questions I'd like to ask.

Also we're thinking about a trip to LA and would like to ask a local a few questions

horonto (at) gmail (dot) com

beFrank said...

darleene - Thanks. I'm trying to get everything printed that I need to print for the week. I might be able to squeeze one more print out just for Dellis and myself.

beFrank said...

lomara - Wow, 43 years from a blind date. We're still going for the record, but it's good to know what the competition is like.

beFrank said...

horonto - Ask away.