Friday, October 31, 2008

Let's Be Better

My thanks to Gary Sunkin for the use of his Sarah Palin effigy REMOVAL pictures. Gary was on the scene and managed to snap a couple of quick shots when the homeowner came out and took down the offending effigy. No worries Gary, I'm keeping these local on this blog.

This actual story really didn't move me one way or the other, but I understand how it might make other folks upset.

On Wednesday, I found myself rushing over the hill with a reporter to catch the tail end of this little drama.


Photo by Chief Gary

Offensive? Yes.

Not worth the time and effort because there are more important things going on in the world?


Photo by Chief Gary

Let me say this; I tend to follow the school of thought that (reasonably) assumes I can't control what someone else does. I can only control what I do. So, maybe I don't always succeed, but I always hope to set an example of the behavior I'd like to see in the world.

I also like to remember, not everyone is going to get to the same place at the same time.

Sorry for being so preachy on a Friday. I need to lighten up. Gee, maybe I'll get the West Hollywood Halloween Festivities assignment and with that, snaps some great pics of all the odd stuff going on out there tonight.

Yeah, I know there are more important things going on in the world. Hey, quit trying to turn my own post against me.
Blogged with the Flock Browser

1 comment:

darleene said...

I believe I said this already when I was blogging about the Jena 6, that nooses in general send a major message of hate and intolerance, no matter who its directed at. I still feel that way.