Monday, October 27, 2008

This Just In.

Well, no, it doesn't have anything to do with broadcast news, but it did come up over the weekend. How could we talk about the glory days of high school and not bring up the formal attire popular during the last of the 70's.

For the record, I was wrong. I didn't wear a powder blue tuxedo to my senior prom, but I think I was rather stylish in my white tux with yellow trim.



From left to right: Rosalyn Wright, Glen Lawrence, Robin Cousins, Keith Boyd, Clifton (CJ) Johnson's date, Clifton (CJ) Johnson, Donna Johnson (no relation to Clifton, Donald Mahoney, Christie Biscoe, beFrank, Tammie Devan and Gregory Dancy.

It was the Junior Prom where I first blazed a fashion trail followed by no one (if you believe what people say).



Left to right: Donald Mahoney, Donna Johnson, Antonia Armstrong, beFrank, Alphonso's girlfriend Valerie (?) and Alphonso Harris.

I don't know if I should admit it, but this wasn't the last time I wore a powder blue tuxedo either.

You can laugh if you want. I figure, it's nearly impossible not to laugh, but I think someone should at least acknowledge my bravery for posting these shots.

Too bad I had to take down a few friends with me.
Blogged with the Flock Browser

4 comments:

Horonto said...

Love the 'fro baby!

beFrank said...

It's dy-no-mite!

Anonymous said...

Is this the same Chistie Biscoe who was good friends with Delva Henry?

I knew Christie when she graduated from PV high... Is she still at UCSB?

beFrank said...

Don't know. PV High? Delva Henry? I saw Christie's brother at our high school reunion last year and-- hey, are we talking about the same person?